Breast revision surgery involves the reshaping or replacement of breast implants after a breast augmentation procedure. Occasionally breast augmentation patients experience deflated or leaking implants, or are simply unsatisfied with the results. And that’s where Dr. Kyle Belek can help with a breast revision surgery.
Dr. Belek specializes in many breast surgeries, including breast revision. If you are unsatisfied with your breast augmentation results, Dr. Belek can reshape or replace your implants to restore the optimum shape, symmetry, and softness of your breasts.
Why Breast Revision?
Patients should consider a breast revision surgery from Dr. Belek due to any of the following reasons:
- Disappointing initial results of your breast augmentation
- Broken, leaking, or deflated implants
- Desire to alter the implant size or shape
- Movement or hardening of implants
- Pregnancy, weight loss, or weight gain that changed the appearance of your implants
Whether you just received a breast augmentation with unsatisfactory results, or it has been several years since the procedure, Dr. Belek can provide the results you want.
Benefits of Breast Revision Surgery in Marin County
Dr. Belek’s breast revision surgery produces several benefits to patients, including:
- Improved shape and size of breast implants
- Corrected breast asymmetry to produce symmetrical breasts
- New or fixed implants without leaks or deflation
- Enhanced bust line and well-proportioned body shape
- Boosted self-confidence and self-image
- Breast revision surgery corrects and alters breast implants to create more normalized, youthful looking breasts.
Breast revision surgery in is highly individualized based on the specific patient and desired outcomes. Dr. Belek will perform the breast revision surgery in three steps, and while patients undergo general anesthesia or sedation to ensure comfort during the surgery.
Step 1: Remove Original Implant
Using the original incision line from breast augmentation, Dr. Belek will make an incision to remove the original implants.
Step 2: Reshape Internal Pocket
Once the implant is removed, it will either be reshaped or replaced to suit patients’ desired results. The internal pocket and tissue surrounding the breast will be reshaped in order to accommodate the new or improved implant.
Step 3: Reinsert Implant and Close Incisions
Dr. Belek will finalize the surgery by reinserting the fixed or new implant, and closing the incisions. Surgical tape or sutures may be used to close incisions in the skin.
It is important to note that recovery times will vary based on each individual patient, and the complexity of the breast revision procedure. General guidelines for recovery are as follows:
- Swelling and bruising should gradually diminish within a month
- Avoid physical activity for at minimum two weeks after surgery
- Be gentle and cautious with your breasts
- Return to normal activities and work after approximately 7-10 days
- Implants may take some time to produce final results
During your consultation, Dr. Belek will provide detailed and specific instructions on how to proceed after your breast revision surgery, and what symptoms you will experience.
If you would like to restore the appearance and shape of your breasts after disappointing breast augmentation, contact our offices today and schedule your consultation with Dr. Kyle Belek to learn more about our breast revision procedure.