A neck lift, also known as a lower rhytidectomy, is a procedure that is designed to enhance the appearance of your neck due to aging. Components of the procedure include:
- Removing excess fat and skin in the lower face that creates jowls
- Removing or altering neck muscles
- Using liposuction to remove neck fat
- Removing fat from under the chin
- Eliminating the “turkey wattle”
The goal of a neck lift is to restore the youthfulness in the face and neck that are lost from aging, stress, heredity, and other environmental conditions.
A neck lift can’t change your fundamental appearance or stop the aging process.
Good Candidates for a Neck Lift
- Those who are healthy and do not have medical conditions that will affect healing
- Those who have a positive outlook and realistic expectations for the procedure
Neck Lift Procedure
The procedure used will be determined by the goals you are trying to achieve:
- Eliminating turkey wattle. In this case, your surgeon may make some cuts underneath your chin and behind your ears to access the platysma, a neck muscle. Some of the muscle may be removed. There is also the option for your surgeon to make smaller cuts and use an endoscope to make the necessary cuts and removal.
- Liposuction. Your surgeon will make a small incision below your chin, and then insert a vacuum that will suck out the fat.
- Too much skin. Your surgeon will simply remove the excess skin and tighten up the remaining skin into place. Then, the incisions will be secured by tissue glue or stitches.
If you are looking to restore a more youthful angle to your neck and under your chin, contact Kyle Belek MD for more information about a neck lift. We believe you will be delighted by your new beautiful, youthful presentation, and the confidence boost, that result from Dr. Belek’s neck lift procedure. Call us at (415) 968-9652 today for a consultation.